2011年4月26日 星期二

100% Whole Wheat Banana Bread


This one is really a "bread" of banana.

The basic recipe I used is the same master recipe in PR's WGB. The difference is that I added banana in the final dough. Because of the banana, the hydration of the dough seemed to be overly high that it couldn't stand by itself. Thus, I dusted pretty much flour in the work surface and quickly made several folding to shape into log, and then put it into loaf pan.

The texure quite puff, and the crumb seemed to be "too open" for me, I'm wondering if it was over-proofing? However, it is totally delicious! It taste chewy, moisture with a hint of sweetness and rich in banana flavor. It would be perfect if I add some walnut in it!!!

Ingredients:

For the soaker
- 168 g T80
- 3 g salt
- 150 g water (I'll decrease a little bit next time)

For the wild yeast starer
- 48 g rye sourdough
- 144 g whole wheat flour (T150)
- 100 g water

For the final dough
- All the soaker
- All the starter
- T150 flour to adjust the consistancy
- 3.6 g salt
- 5.1 g insant yeast
- 30 g honey
- 1 medium mashed banana

This one is sending to Wild Yeast's Yeastspotting.

2 則留言:

  1. Ehm, I can't find banana in ingredients ;) Can guess, that it will be in final dough... and guessing again... One medium mashed banana?

    回覆刪除
  2. khaox:

    Thank you for reminding me the missing banana. ~:p

    Yes, I added one medium mashed banana (137g) in the final dough when the gluten is developed. The dough was very wet, I think the amount of water added in the soaker should be adjusted.

    回覆刪除