2011年4月24日 星期日

100% Whole Rye Bread - Mini's Favorite 100% Rye Ratio


This is the second time I made this 100% whole rye bread.
I failed the first time, there was a big whole on the top which seemed to be over proofing. However, the failure didn't stop me from making another loaf of 100% whole rye bread because it still tasted great even I screwed up.

I guessed the reason for overproofing the dough is that I can't control the best timing for the dough to bake when I used the clay pot starting baking in the cold oven. Thus, this time I only spent 1 hours for final proof and baked in the preheated oven.

In order to see the performence between using loaf pan and brotformen, I devided the dough into two that one of loaves shaped into boule and baked on the silbread with steam, and the other one shaped into loaf and baked in the loaf pan with a lid.

Which one performs better?
The round one performed better, but the result was still not as good as Mini's.

For craving more, I made another batch the next day. I added some cheese cube and candied orange peel to enjoye 100% whole rye bread in the salty way. They are all delicious whatever you've added whithin them.

I sneaked up and took a bite....

Ingredients:

- 87 g starter
- 305 g water
- 362 g rye flour
- 8 g salt

V1
- 1 t caraway seeds toast and ground
- pecan
- dried fig

V2
- 1T caraway seeds toast and ground
- cheese cube (mozzarella)
- candied orange peel












This one is sending to Wild Yeast's Yeastspotting.

沒有留言:

張貼留言