2011年3月26日 星期六

Savarin-Like Mini-Elisen Lebkuchen


These days are cold, the heavy rain and wind make me feel freezing. It reminds me of Christmas and my sweet tooth, I need some calories to get over this harsh weather. Suddenly, I have a serious craving for Nuernberger Lebkuchen. Since it's impossiple to buy mini-elisen lebkuchen here at this moment, the only thing I could do is to find a good recipe and make it on my own.

With the same batter, I poured some part of it onto a baking sheet, and poured into savarin mold for the rest of it. My batter is a bit over running so the cookies that on the baking sheet came out very flat and crispy, however, the savarin-like cookies are soft and chewy with "crispy bottom". The savarin-like lebkuchen totally fit my appetite, they are rich in flavor and I enjoyed every bite with gummy candied orange peel!

This recipe is quite good, but I think it would be perfect if I cut some sugar off and add some chopped nuts the powdered sugar glaze next time!






Elisen Lebkuchen (adapted from here)
Ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 60 g brown sugar
- the grated rind of 1 lemon
- 20 g chopped orange peel
- 1/4 tbsp. rum
- 1/2 tsp. lebkuchen spice
- 50 g almond flour
- 25 g hazelnut flour

沒有留言:

張貼留言