2011年6月10日 星期五

Coffee Custard Bread


I'm not a big fan of sweet bread, but I love to make them for the people around me, I always feel bliss when they enjoy the food I've made. Custard bread is one of classic sweet breads in the bakery in Taiwan, and my mother usually bought it to be my breakfast. Yet, I have not tasted the bread which is filled with coffee custard before, I think the combination would make the bread delicious. Coffee-flavor-custard bread, how bad it could be?

Nevertheless, the bread didn't please everyone. Some of them don't think it delicious because it tasted a little bit bitter, but it it totally fit my appetite because of the strong coffee flavor from the espresso powder.

I'm satisfied with this sweet dough recipe, it's also good to make it into cinnamon rolls. It uses straight method which takes not much time but still tastes soft and moisture even after several days. It is both quite easy and deliciou!

If you are the fans of strong coffee, you might like this coffee custard bread!


Ingredients:

For the custard

- 150 ml whole fat milk
- 25 g sugar
- 5 g espresso powder (I used Starbucks VIA)
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 g starch

For the coffee streusel topping

- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 Tbsp Starbucks VIA
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon

For the dough

- 300 g bread flour
- 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 egg
- 30 g sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150 g whole fat milk
- 40 g butter

1. Mix all ingredients except butter until the gluten has been developed.
2. Add butter and keep kneading the dough until it pass the window pane test.
3. First fermentation: 1~1.5 hours.
4. Divide and preshape the dough into balls, and rest for 20 minutes.
5. Fill the custard into the dough.
6. Final fermentation : 45~60 minutes
7. Bake at 170 degree C for 18~20 minutes.



沒有留言:

張貼留言