2011年5月22日 星期日

Dried Apricot-Pistachio Ice Cream


It's from "The Perfect Scoop" again!!

I have been excited to make this ice cream. Since I've made the rye bread with dried apricots and pistachio nuts, I knew they are good to be put together.

Because I didn't have half and half on hand, I use whole milk and Greek yogurt to substitute it. It still tasted good as I expected, fresh and tangy with nutty flavor. I'm glad I made it, it is another unique experience of tasting ice cream that I've never have before.

I enjoyed it with my "Italian Chocolate Torte", and they were my perfect afternoon tea!



Italian Chocolate Torte (with orange peel) (for 4-inch round)

Ingredients:
- 10 g hazelnut flour, toasted
- 10 g almond, chopped
- 28 g unsweetened chocolate(Michel Cluizel 99%)
- 12 g maple powder
- 15 g sugar (6+9)
- 1 egg white
- candied orange peel

Dried Apricot-Pistachio Ice Cream

Adapted from David Lebovitz’s The Perfect Scoop

5 oz. (150 g )dried California apricots – quartered and then cut into chunks
3/4 c (180 ml) dry or sweet white wine (I chose Vigonier)
1/2 c (70 g) shelled unsalted pistachio nuts – coarsely chopped
2/3 c (130 g) sugar
2 c (250ml) half and half
Few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice

Pour the wine in a small saucepan and warm the apricots pieces in the liquid. Simmer for 5 minutes, cover and then remove from heat. Allow this to steep for 1 hour.

Purée the apricots in a blender with the sugar, half and half, and lemon juice until smooth

Chill the mixture thoroughly. Freeze it in your ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. During the last few minutes of churning, add the chopped pistachio nuts.

沒有留言:

張貼留言