The master recipe in PR's WGB are both healthy and delicious, moreover, it is easy to make and always performs well, moisture, tender but not dence unlike the general 100% whole grain bread. Because of the good performence of the recipe, I'd like to try many variations, such as 100% whole wheat banana bread and 100% whole wheat chocolate bread.
This WW chocolate bread taste nice, however, the crumb are a little bit dry and dense comparing to all the other whole wheat breads I've made. I'll make some modifications next time to see if I can make it better.
(1 16-cm round )
For the soaker
- 113 g T80
- 2 g salt
- 80 g water
For the wild yeast starter
- 32 g rye sourdough starter
- 96 g T150
- 71 g water
For the final dough
- all the soaker
- all the starter
- 10 g Valrhona cocoa powder
- 18 g ~? g T80
- 2.5 g salt
- 3.5 g instant yeast
- 21 g honey
- chocolate chunk (50%~60% ) and candied orange peel
1. Make soaker, let it stand at room temp. for 12~24 hours.
2. Make starter, let it stand at room temp. for 6~8 hours.
3. Make final dough, mix all ingredients except chocolate chunk and peel.
4.Knead the dough until it get windowpane.
5. Mix in chocolate chunk and orange peel.
6. Lightly flour on the work surface and form the dough into a ball, allow it to ferment for 45~60 min.
7. Lightly flour on the dough and shape the dough into boule.
8. Final fermatation: 45~60 min.
9. 200 degree C / 40 min.(I will remember to score it before baking next time = =")