2011年4月13日 星期三

Chocolate Sourdough





Last time I saw "Chocolate Sourdough" from Shiao-Ping's blog, I've decided I would try it someday. Since I'm lazy to make another starter (levain), I used the starter left from 100% whole wheat bread to be the 1st-stage levain, keeping feeding to make 2ed-stage levain. That means this chocolate bread contains 16% whole wheat flour, sounds healthier... Anyway, this is a truly good recipe. Comparing to Pan De Cioccolate I made before, this one seems like to be more moisture and tender for the crumb. The rich cocoa-smell bursted in my mouth, awoke me in the morning!







NOTE:
I made 2 boule, one was baked after 10 hours retardation and another was baked after 15 hours. The first chocolate bread had more open and moisture crumb than the second one which seemed to be a little overproofing?

This one is sending to Wild Yeast's Yeastspotting.

2 則留言: