2011年4月20日 星期三

Chocolate Sorbet - Candied Orange Peel - Cream Scone

I miss Haagen-Dazs dark orange chocolate ice cream so much...I don't know why they won't sell anymore. There is a interesting recipe, chocolate sorbet, which is non-dairy but everyone who has made it said that it is creamy because of cocoa butter. Being a chocoholic, I must give it a try. I added some candied orange peel to fit my appetite, and I almost had half of all at one time. I used Trader Joe's chocolate and Valrhona cocoa powder that gave the sorbet super rich flavor. It is bitter but also super sweet, I can't help myself have one bite from another!


Chocolate Sorbet
adapted from "The Perfect Scoop"
(I added some orange peel in it and top with some chopped pecan, it tastes heavenly ^O^)

Candied Orange Peel
adapted from "Ready for Dessert"

Cream Scones
From Dorie Greenspan’s Baking: From My Home to Yours

1 large egg
2/3 cup cold heavy cream
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and chilled


I'll definitely get fat...

沒有留言:

張貼留言