2011年4月1日 星期五

80% Sourdough Rye with a Rye-Flour Soaker


The first time I ate rye bread, I had fallen in love with its flavor. However, the first rye bread I ate contained maybe only 5~10% rye flour within it, and I have no ideal that the texture of high percentage rye bread is totally different from wheat bread then. Actually, I didn't get use to the pudding-like texure of high percentage rye bread at first time. But after I finished my first loaf of 50% rye bread, I began to crave more. I'm addicted to their unique texure and complex flavor, sweet and sour. I just can't help myself making these rye bread with different recipes, and I'm curious about the differences between them with different technics.

This is adapted from Hamelman's "Bread". I got nice oven spring this time, their crust and crumb just looked beautiful for me. Also, they are delicious!


This one is sending to Wild Yeast's Yeastspotting.

沒有留言:

張貼留言