2011年1月29日 星期六

Chocolate Mousse Cake


Oh... I love this cake so much! The cake layer has rich chocolate flavor, soft and moisture. For the mousse, it's hard to describe that it has creamy texture but not as greasy as the mousse made by heavy cream. However, it tastes light and fresh but not fluffy. The only defect is that it is made by raw eggs, if you concern about having raw eggs, then you might miss the chance to enjoy this unique mousse! Actually, I didn't make the cake perfectly this time, I burn some part of chocolate when I cook the chocolate mixture, and I use screw up making the mousse at first time which I used Trader Joy's 72% chocolate, thus I use Galler's "Dark espresso mousse" and "Hazelnut and almond praline" chocolate bars instead. The result is quite good, but less chocolate flavor within it.




Ingredients:

For the cake (adapted from Rose's "The Moist Chocolate Genoise")

- 3 once chocolate (I use Michel Cluizel's " Mangaro" dark chocolate 65% cocoa)
- 90 ml water
- 65 g cake flour
- 65 g sugar (45 + 20)

For the mousse (adapted from Baking Bites' "Classic Chocolate Mousse")

- 4 once chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extrct



沒有留言:

張貼留言