2012年7月15日 星期日

Bahamian Rum Cake




The recipe of the cake is adapted from David Lebovitz's ''Ready for Dessert''. Since I'm curious about how the cake tastes like with the combination of coconut milk and rum, I knew I would make it someday at the first sight of the recipe.

I'm surprised the cake tastes fresh and light. Although the coconut milk is not noticeable, it seems to give the cake a delicate texture.

The rum syrup also enhance the the complexity of the flavor. I haven't done the perfect job here, cause my rum syrup didn't spread throughout the whole cake. I only can taste the rum in the top and the bottom of the cake.Maybe I shouldn't finish it up so quickly...

It is not a fancy cake, it delivers the flavors in a more ''humble'' way; I mean, I felt warm when I ate them and I have a lovely memory enjoying the afternoon tea with my family:)

沒有留言:

張貼留言