2012年5月19日 星期六

100% Whole Wheat Makowiec


I've seen this kind of poppy seeds roll on other blogs many times. I saw someone call it "Mohn Stollen" and some call it "Makowiec". They seem to be similar...
Anyway, I've been eager to try for a while, so when I got a bag of poppy seeds, I made it right away. However, I didn't use the dough which it use to be. I use the master recipe in Peter Reinhart's Whole Grain Breads rolling up with the filling posted here. The filling seems a little bit complicated to make, but I think it's worth to do so. The poppy seeds are more pleasant after being boiled.

Although it is 100% whole wheat, this bread is tender and moisture as it use to be. Also, I'm impressed by the filling which contains poppy seeds, walnut, almond, orange peel, lemonpeel, honey and rasin. It's a joy to chew the crumb with the filling which is full of flavor.


沒有留言:

張貼留言