2011年3月10日 星期四

Soulful German Farmhouse Rye (Roggen-bauernbrot)


This is another over 70% rye bread which is adapted from Daniel Leader's "Local Bread". The big difference of ingredients between my previous one is that it contain less rye sourdough and much more instant yeast. However, the bulk fermentaion took 2 to 2 1/2 hours without any S&F, which is longer than Hamelman's 70% rye bread. Verdict? The oven spring seemed weaker than previous one, maybe it's because I scored the loaf right before put it in to the oven. Its crust is not crispy and with some little holes on it. Moreover, it has less sourness as well as sweetness and there is no nutty flavor. I guess the main reason is using lots of instant yeast instead of sourdough, which made the flavor less complex. I believe that some people would like it more because its mild sourness, just like my mother, but I prefer more complex, more sour taste. Thus, I'll make it again but without instant yeast next time. :)






沒有留言:

張貼留言