2010年10月11日 星期一

Pistachio Petit-Four Cake



The ideal of this cake is from Sky High: Irresistible Triple-Layer Cakes "Pistachio Petit-Four Cake", but I did lots of modifications except the marzipan. I use the homemade apricot preserves because the flavor of the commercial apricot preserves does not stand out much as the homemade apricot preserves. The result was quite good but the cake is too sweet for me because of the marzipan and the flavor of pistachio didn't come out, I wonder if it's because I use not enough pistachio? Since the marzipan is too sweet, I could hardly taste the hint of chocolate.
Hmm... there are still many things could be improved.

Ingredients:

for the cake (I use sheet pan to make the cake)
- 60 g whole wheat pastry flour
- 60 g sugar
- 3 eggs seperated
- 25g pistachio

*Next time I would increase pistachio to 42g and might decrease the whole wheat flour t0 50g.

Beat egg yolks until it gets pale, then adding grinded pistachio. Mix them until well-comebined.
Beat egg whites until it gets soft peak form and fold in egg yolks mixure, then folding in the shifted flour. Bake at 190/160 for 12~18 minutes.

for the marzipan
- 72 g almond paste
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 20 ml light corn syrup

*Next time I might decrease the sugar and syrup to 1/4 cup and 10ml.

for apricot preserves
- 7~8 dried apricots
- 200cc earl grey
- 適量蒟蒻粉

Add apricots into 100cc earl grey, steam until the dried apricots absorb the earl grey completely.
Grind the apricots and add another 100cc earl grey + 蒟蒻粉, cook it until it gets boil. Set aside.

for ganache
- 80g chocolate 71%
- 80ml heavy cream

for assambling
For simplicity, I let the sheet cake absorb rum first, spread the preserves, put on the sheet marzipan, and then pour the ganache on the top. Quickly seperate the cake into three equal pieces and then piling them up.

2 則留言:

  1. Such a gorgeous looking cake, just like the maker :)

    回覆刪除
  2. Thanks<3! It's the nicest compliment I've ever had. :D

    回覆刪除